More than a simple launcher, Lightning is a fast, light and extremely customizable tool to the perfect home screen. To your home screen.
No other launcher can compete with Lightning when it comes to customizability. Have a look at the full list of features and you will be convinced
And if an extreme customizability were not enough, Lightning is also very light on memory and a blazing fast launcher. It works like a charm on all phones and tablets, from Android 2.2 up to newest Android versions.
Under the hood, Lightning is propelled by a powerful and unique engine allowing you to arrange your apps and widgets using the best possible flexibility and style.
• It doesn’t matter whether you want your icons to be nicely aligned on a grid, or pixel perfect positioned, or even scaled/ rotated/skewed in all directions: Lightning does it all with ease.
• It doesn’t matter whether you need a single page, five, or half a million with different setups for work, private use and children: Lightning offers an unrivaled way to manage your precious screen estate.
• It doesn’t matter whether your device is one of these beloved pioneer Android phones or if you run the latest and greatest flagship: Lightning doesn’t waste CPU nor memory; the app strives to remain light and fast for everyone.
With its wide range of features, Lightning perfectly copes with all kind of home screens: classic, minimalist, gesture based, with side bars or moveable panels,… Lightning doesn’t limit you to a particular scheme: it aims to free your creativity instead. Essentially, this home screen can do everything you can imagine.
Key Features (not an exhaustive list):
• Highly customizable desktop: change font, size, color, wallpaper, grid lines, folder options, status/navigation bar colors, layouts, scrolling & zooming options, events, actions, gestures, pretty much everything.
• Unique limitless desktop: a desktop is a surface growing as needed, in all directions. Move an icon to the right or left and a new page will be automatically created. And it works for pages above and below too! This means as much space as needed for your apps, and also a much more efficient navigation.
• As many desktops as needed: one for private, work, party, kids, etc. Add, remove and re-arrange desktops at will, each desktop being an independent and unlimited setup.
• Combined grid and free positioning: use the grid to easily align apps, use free positioning to adjust the size, position and rotation of any item (including widgets).
• Pinned items: prevent any item from moving when scrolling your pages. This is handy to create docked elements anywhere on the screen, and more.
• And lots more: enhanced app drawer, panels, Tasker integration, Lock screen, etc. Please visit the developers homepage for detailed feature list, manual and how to’s.
– New transparency handling: fixes animation bugs, more efficient on newer Android versions (not 2.x)
– Add a timestamp variable (seconds since January 1st 1970)
– When the geometry box has been moved out of the view, toggling it will move it back in the screen
– Better color handling with bindings: text values starting with 0x and # are converted to colors
– Add a switch in the bottom edit bar to display hidden items (invisible and with low transparency)
– Add a new Z-Index item property usable with bindings
– Faster/better handling of Z-Index change from script
– Fix loading of template (the launcher was recreating the default setup in some situations)
– Fix a crash when trying to run a non existent script
– Fix an inconsistent list of bindings when switching between items
– Fix several issues when moving items with bindings from a container to another
– Fix a bug where shortcut properties (icon, font) where not saved in styles
– Fix the translation of the menu in the main settings screen
– Some minor modifications of the default setup
Requires Android: 2.2 and up
- More info from Google Play Store
- Lightning Launcher v12.5b6 (r2244) Apk