Google Play services is used to update Google apps and apps from Google Play.
This component provides core functionality like authentication to your Google services, synchronized contacts, access to all the latest user privacy settings, and higher quality, lower-powered location based services.
Google Play services also enhances your app experience. It speeds up offline searches, provides more immersive maps, and improves gaming experiences.
Apps may not work if you uninstall Google Play services.
To figure out the right version of Google Play services for your robot device, go to Settings -> Apps -> Google Play services, and look at the 3-digit sequence (let’s use XYZ) in the parentheses:
* X defines Android version:
- 0 pro Android <5.0
- 2 pro Android 5.0 a 5.1 starting with Play Services v8
- 4 pro Android 5.0 a 5.1 before Play Services v8, robot >= 6.0 after
- 5 for Android Wear
- 7 pro Android 5.0
- 8 for Android TV
* Y defines CPU architecture:
- 1 for armeabi
- 3 for armeabi-v7a
- 4 for arm64-v8a
- 5 for mips
- 7 for x86
- 8 for x86_64
* Z defines DPI:
- 0 for universal
- 2 pro 160
- 4 pro 240
- 6 pro 320
- 8 pro 480
- It seems that 7YZ builds became 4YZ with Google Play services v6.5. If you were on 7YZ before, you should now install 4YZ.
- It seems that 4YZ builds got split into 2YZ for Lollipop and 4YZ for Marshmallow with Google Play services v8. If you were on 4YZ before, you should now install 2YZ in Lollipop and 4YZ in Marshmallow.
- 014 pro Android <5.0 armeabi CPU 240 DPI device
- 438 pro Android 6.0+ armeabi-v7a CPU 480 DPI device
- 876 for Android TV x86 CPU 320 DPI device